Middleton Recycling Center
City of Middleton residents will be able to recycle the following items:
- Electronics- No charge (except as noted below) for all types of computers, cell phones, iPods, tablets, radios, wires, etc.
$40 each- TVs over 27"
$20 each- TVs 27" and smaller, fridges (dorm size or smaller), window A/C units, dehumidifiers, water coolers.
$10 each- CRT (cathode ray tube) computer monitors.
$5 each- microwaves
- Printer Cartridges
- Hard Plastics (#2 & #5)- toys, laundry baskets, lawn furniture, etc.
- Block Styrofoam (#6)- Clean packaging materials used to protect computers, electronics, and other items during shipping, and washed food packaging. The recycling center cannot accept #4 polyethylene Styrofoam, foam insulation board, packing peanuts or #6 Styrofoam with food contamination.
- Textiles- clothing, fabric, etc.
- Shoes- any kind of shoe, in any condition.
- Clean Wood- untreated, unpainted, and non-engineered wood, including pallets and plywood.
- Cardboard- large items like boxes that won't fit in blue bin for curbside pick-up.
- Scrap Metals
- Books- in good condition, without water damage or mold. No textbooks, encyclopedias, or dictionaries.
- Durable Medical Equipment- wheelchairs, crutches, walkers, etc.
- Latex Paint- (Only accepted April - November) with original label affixed to can specifying 'latex' paint ($1/gallon)
- Small Items - The City will recycle the following small items through Terracycle:
- Earth's Best® brand baby food pouches
- Ella's Kitchen® brand baby food pouches
- Brita® brand products including pitchers, dispensers, bottles, faucet systems, filters and filter packaging
- PUR® brand products including pitchers, dispensers, faucet mounts, filters, and packaging film
- Colgate brand oral care products including toothpaste tubes and caps, toothbrushes (only Colgate brand), toothbrush and toothpaste tube outer packaging (only Colgate brand), floss containers (only Colgate brand)
- Tom's of Maine natural care products including toothpaste tubes (only Tom's brand), toothbrushes (only Tom's brand), floss containers (only Tom's brand), mouthwash bottles (only Tom's brand), soap packaging (only Tom's brand), antiperspirant/deodorant containers (only Tom's brand).
- Solo® brand cups
- Capri Sun® and Honest Kids® drink pouches
- WRAP Recycling- plastic retail bags, food storage bags (sandwich and Ziploc), produce bags (fruit and vegetable), dry cleaning bags, case wrap, bread bags, air pillow packaging, paper products wrap.
- Oil & Filters- just outside the recycling center, open at all times.
Staff at the Middleton Recycling Center are not able to assist residents in unloading recyclables. Unless specified, there is no cost to recycle the items above. For items requiring payment, we will accept cash, check, credit or debit cards.
The City of Middleton has partnered with leading local and national recycling companies to ensure responsible and ethical disposal of all recyclable materials. Prices may fluctuate due to market conditions. The City hopes to collect additional items for recycling as options become available.
For recycling options of materials not listed above, please consult the City's Trash & Recycling Guide.
Better yet, if you have a quality item please consider making it available to others for reuse, instead of throwing away or recycling it. Many local charities, organizations and websites dedicated to reuse of quality items are listed on page 10 of the City's Trash & Recycling Guide. For instance, if you have quality construction materials consider donating them to Habitat for Humanity. Other items can be reused simply by listing them on a free web service such as www.FreeCycle.org, www.MadisonStuffExchange.com, or Craigslist.org. If listing something on a web site, note that it will help to include a photo or two of the item you're making available.
For additional questions, please contact: .
The Middleton Recycling Center (telephone only answered on Saturday mornings during open hours) at (608) 712-2057; or
Abby Attoun, Assistant Director of Community Development, at or at (608) 821-8343