Board of Review
Meetings (2018 Schedule)
- The Board of Review will meet on April 23, 2018, at 9:00 am to adjourn to a date to be determined due to the assessment rolls not being ready.
- 2018 Assessment Notices Mailed May 18, 2018
- Open Book May 18-July 20, 2018, from 8:00 am - 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm at City Hall (M-F)
- Notice of intent to file an objection deadline is due 48 hours before the objection is heard
- Board of Review in session on August 21, 2018
- Middleton City Hall
7426 Hubbard Ave.
Middleton, WI 53562
|Vacant||2016 - 2021
|Wayne Pferdehirt, Citizen
||2017 - 2022
||4426 St Andrews, Middleton, WI 53597
|Doug Zwank, Citizen
||2017 - 2022
||1205 Muirfield Ct., Middleton, WI 53562
|Ron Grosse, Citizen
||7813 Cobblestone Circle, Middleton, WI 53562
|Kurt Fuszard, Citizen
||2013 - 2018
||8860 Red Beryl Dr., Middleton, WI 53562
|Lorie J. Burns, Staff||City Clerk|
|Paul Musser, Staff||City Assessor|
The Board of Review certifies the assessment rolls and hears citizens appeals. The board consists of five citizens, each with a five year term. The Board of Review is authorized to hear citizen challenges to the value placed on their property by the City Assessor's Office. Evidence is presented by both the citizen and the assessor. The board then has the power to revise the property's value if it determines that it is warranted by reviewing the evidence.
The board is considered a quasi-judicial body, because it acts somewhat like a court by following accepted procedures and evaluating relevant facts in each case.