Election Officials & Candidates
Election Inspectors - Becoming an Election Inspector
Citizen involvement is essential to conduct open, accurate, and fair elections in Wisconsin. The City of Middleton is always looking for dedicated residents who would like to work at the polls on election days. This is a paid position which can entail some very long hours, but is also very rewarding and interesting. The only qualification is that you are a "qualified" voter of the City of Middleton.
Your Rights as a Poll Official
Wisconsin law requires every employer to grant an unpaid leave of absence to each employee who is appointed to serve as an election official, if the employee who serves as an election official provides his or her employer with at least seven days' notice. The leave is for the entire 24-hour period of each Election Day in which the employee serves in his or her official capacity as an election inspector. Upon request of any employer municipal clerks must verify appointments.
Student Poll Volunteers
Do you know a bright high school student? Encourage them to volunteer at the polls.
Special Registration Deputy
Under state statute 6.26, any qualified elector of the State of Wisconsin may apply to the city clerk to be appointed as a special registration deputy to register voters in the City of Middleton. No individual may serve as a special registration deputy unless they have completed at least one approved training program within the last two calendar years (starting January of odd years through December of even years).
- Special Registration Deputy Training
- Special Registration Deputy Training Handouts
- Middleton Street Listing
- Special Registration Deputy Application
Deadlines & Due Dates
Deadlines and due dates for mayor, municipal judge, and alderperson are as follows:
- First Day to Circulate Nomination Papers - December 1
- Nomination papers are due by 5 p.m. the first Tuesday in January (if this days lands on a holiday, they are due the next business day).
- Notification of Non-Candidacy - 2nd Friday before the nomination papers deadline
- Campaign Registration Statement: ETHCF-1
- Declaration of Candidacy: EL-162
- Maps of Wards and Districts
- Nomination Papers (non-partisan): EL-169
- Notification of Non-Candidacy: EL-163